After 12 Days Of Torture, Abducted Kogi Monarch Dies In Custody Of Kidnappers


The traditional ruler of Aghara, Kabba-Bunu Local Government Area of Kogi State, Chief David Obadofin, has reportedly died in the custody of his abductors, 12 days after he was kidnapped.

A family source who plead anonymity told Daily trust stated that the monarch died last Thursday as a result of torture from his abductors.

Daily trust correspondent gathered that the abductors of the monarch had agreed to collect the sum of N2m for his release and one other lady, identified as Temidayo Elewa when the hoodlums noticed that Pa Obadofin was becoming too weak.

According to a source plead to hide his identity told Daily Trust, the hoodlums blindfolded Elewa and moved her to a separate location in the jungle as they waited for the ransom to be delivered in an effort to hide their tracks.

According to Daily trust reports, Pa. Obadofin passed away before the ransom could be given to his captors in the forest.

Elewa, who was kidnapped alongside the king, was reportedly released and reunited with her family as of Saturday, according to the locals.

She was allegedly found wandering in the bushes by sawing machine operators, who assisted her.

When the thugs heard about the approaching search team of hunters, vigilantes, and some Fulani volunteers, they allegedly released the woman.

Elewa’s family members took her up early on Saturday morning in the area of the Obajana community. A source participating in the negotiations for their release stated that she was brought to a hospital that has not been named for a medical examination.

On Easter Monday at around 11 p.m., unidentified gunmen kidnapped the late monarch, a significant cashew farmer, and Elewa from his farm residence in Aghara in the Kabba-Bunu LGA and demanded N60m in ransom.

In addition, the invasion claimed the life of madam Toyin Onare, a widow working as a labourer on the property.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here